Tea and Garden rooms
Website The Tea Rooms
The tea rooms overlooks Galway bay and entered through a lovely front garden, this delightful stone restaurant dates back to 1790, when it was built as a residence for ‘coast security officers’. Nearly two centuries later it was bought in a derelict condition by the O’Donoghue family, who then rebuilt it and opened it as a tea room and gardens in 1981.
Having been run successfully by Katherine O’Donoghue for many years, it is now in the capable hands of her daughter Jane who continues to do the things just the way they’ve always been done – it’s full of character and makes the perfect spot for a light bite to eat.
In fine weather the beautiful back garden or the conservatory can be idyllic; otherwise the homely dining room offers comfort and shelter, with its informal arrangement of old furniture and a tempting display of home-baked fare.