Lisdoonvarna bid for RAI Foodie Town of Ireland 2014
Lisdoonvarna & the Burren – walking the talk and pushing the boundaries of culinary tourism in Ireland! Why give your vote for Lisdoonvarna & The Burren?
Just a few great reasons!
- The Burren Food Trail, built on the Burren Food Trail Customer Promise and featuring a Burren Food Trail Signature Dish in each restaurant. Both copied but so far not equalled! A trail with as many producers and growers, as restaurants and eateries – all accessible to visitors! A trail that has shown social, economic and environmental return for the visitor and the area.
- The highly innovative Burren Food Trail Mondays – an amazing 30 food-themed activity events every single Monday from Easter to Halloween!
- International recognition for the innovative work of the Burren Ecotourism Network in creating new destination visitor experiences – the Burren Food Trail is cited as the flagship example of this. (E.G. WTTC Tourism for Tomorrow Awards)
- 25 members who have all attained independently verified standards in sustainable tourism and sustainable food.
- The flagship Burren Slow Food Festival – the longest running slow food festival in Ireland, now in it’s 9th year.
- The Burren Food Fayre, a festival for locals by locals – celebrating our own unique terroir and food culture.
- The Burren Masterchef and Burren Junior Masterchef Competition – encouraging the use of wild, seasonal, foraged and local foods to produce award-winning culinary creations.
- The first ever pub in Ireland to win the Michelin Bib Gourmand, Wild Honey Inn.
- Georgina Campbell’s best breakfast in Munster at Sheedy’s Hotel & Restaurant
- 2 chef winners of AA Rosettes for Food – Sheedy’s & Wild Honey Inn
- The winner of three 3-star Great Taste Awards 2013 – Burren Smokehouse
- RAI Best Gastro Pub in Munster 2012 – Kieran’s Kitchen at The Roadside Tavern
- The Best Brew around – the Burren Microbrewery
All within a few minutes stroll of each other and within a town of less than 700 people!
Lisdoonvarna and the Burren are showing, through food, how sustainable tourism really works for the benefit of the visitor and the area.
We will be sharing a lesser known Food Gem or two from Lisdoonvarna & the Burren every day for the month of May – please like the Burren Food Trail on Facebook and follow @BurrenFoodTrail on Twitter to get updates!
EVERY VOTE COUNTS! CAST YOUR VOTE FOR ‘LISDOONVARNA – GATEWAY TO THE BURREN’ to win the RAI FOODIE TOWN OF IRELAND 2014 http://www.foodietown.ie/lisdoonvarna/